- Eat it. We usually eat it hot with green beans or mashed potatoes or salad or all of the above. It's delish. Addie loves it, too.
- Make sandwiches. Then, we slice it and make lunch. I love it with cheese and barbecue sauce. But mayo or mustard and a tomato makes a great sandwich, too!
- Chop it up and make chicken salad. With the leftover meat, I usually make a chicken salad. You can make about a million varieties of this. I usually go with a simple mayo, celery, grape or cranberry mix. Delish!
- If you don't like chicken salad, you can use the leftover meat for ANYTHING - burritos, soup, casserole, pasta... The meat is so flavorful so it's great for pretty much any chicken recipe.
- Lastly, I always make chicken stock. Always. I put all of the bones in a pig pot of water and bring it to a boil. Then, I reduce the heat and let it simmer for a long time. Then, I strain it into a big bowl and let it cool. I'll split it into 2-cup servings and put it in baggies to freeze! When I make soup or chili or something else I need chicken broth or stock for, I just get my frozen stuff out of the freezer! So simple!
I can't think of another food that gets this much use. :) What about you? What do you like to do with rotisserie chicken? What other foods do you like to recycle, reuse, or repurpose?